International Workshop on Quality Assurance and Effective Hospital Management
21 May 2018 To 25 May 2018 Nagarkot, Nepal
The Workshop aims to improve the management skills of the hospital teams by focusing on behavioral change and institutionalization of the culture of quality improvement. The learning model can be adapted in different hospitals across countries.
This workshop will help the existing and newly appointed hospital management staff and other cadres, for effective management in delivering quality healthcare services to the beneficiaries.
The workshop will include lectures with live demonstration, supported by case studies on effective hospital management for healthcare delivery services. Special attention will be given to the improvement of healthcare quality and decision-making to address the needs of hospitals and patient satisfaction.
At the end of the course the participants will be able to:
- Recognize the importance of management of hospitals
- Use various tools for effective decision-making
- Identify various issues in effective hospital management like the biomedical waste, quality standards, facility upgrade and patient satisfaction
- Effectively lead diverse teams in a hospital
- Achieving quality standards and accreditation of facilities as per international standards
- Ensure efficiency and compliance in such increasingly challenging and complex environment
- Focus on continuous improvement
Hospital Superintendents, Hospital Administrators, Medical Operations Managers, Sr. Medical Officers, Program Managers, Quality/ Hospital Managers, Medical Officers, Staff Nurses, Individuals aspiring to pursue a career in healthcare, Human Resource professionals in Health, etc.
- Introduction to Hospital Management and Quality Assurance
- Quality Assurance: Tools and Techniques
- Accreditation Standards and Guidelines (JCI/NABH/NABL/ISO/etc)
- International Patient Safety Goals (IPSG)
- Quality as part of Organization Culture
- Infection Control and Hand Hygiene
- Biomedical Waste Management
- Quality Assurance in Health Emergencies
- Hospital Disaster Management Plan
- Medico-Legal Laws
- Audits for Quality Assurance
- Medical Records Management and Continuous Quality Improvement Indicators
- Hospital Management Information System
- Leadership in Healthcare
- Importance of Team Building in Quality Assurance
- Conflict Management in Hospitals
- Communication and Soft skills
The course fee is USD 2500, which includes:
· 5-day face-to-face workshop in Nepal
· Resources, course material, and workshop kit
· Accommodation for the duration of the workshop
· Breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea, and snacks during the workshop sessions
· Airport transfers and local transportation for field visits
· Certificate from Empower School of Health
· One-year of technical assistance
Does not include: airfare, health insurance, visa fees, or other travel expenses
Ms. Sangeeta Tikyani: Director - Public Health, Empower School of Health. With more than 13 years of professional experience in the field, she is a certified National NABH Assessor by Quality Council of India, New Delhi and has been awarded by the Department of Health and Family Welfare, Government of Gujarat for her valuable contribution at the various levels in delivering the quality of health services and better hospital management to the community. She has received various trainings by Quality Council of India - New Delhi, University of Melbourne- Australia, MEASURE Evaluation, CPC, University of North Carolina USA, Max Hospital - New Delhi, and NHSRC - New Delhi among others. She has also implemented HMIS (Hospital Management Information System), E-Mamta tracking software and IWDMS (Integrated Works Distribution Management System) in entire Gujarat state which won four awards including national and others. Ms. Tikyani is PhD scholar in Public Health Quality and Masters in Hospital Management. She is also a Green Belt in Six Sigma and is a certified 5S Practitioner.
Dr. Santosh Kumar: Senior Advisor - Quality with UP Health System Strengthening Project, Lucknow, a World Bank initiative with nearly 20 years of experience in managing hospitals, teaching, training and research in India as well as abroad. He is a former Associate Professor at IIHMR Jaipur and former Associate Faculty at Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore. He is a recipient of prestigious Erasmus Mundus Fellowship in Public Health in Disasters from UCL and has written numerous research articles. He has also co-authored a book on “Healthcare Quality”.
Ms. Neeta Gidwani: She has more than 11 years of experience in areas of medical college and hospitals and other health facilities in planning, designing, operations management and monitoring mechanisms. She has experience of 7 years working as a visiting faculty at Indian Institute of Public Health, Gandhinagar (IIPHG) & Institute of Clinical Research (ICRI), Ahmedabad for delivering lectures on NABH, HMIS (Hospital Management Information System) & Logistic & drug procurement, Materials Management, Supply Chain Management, HRM etc. She has been an active faculty member for training the administrative officers of Govt. of Gujarat on Hospital administration & quality assurance and procurement of equipments and drugs.
Ms. Anulekha Rao: Consultant, Empower School of Health. She has over 14 years of experience in the healthcare field. Former Manager of Health Education and Access Programs at Cambridge Health Alliance, an academic community health care system near Boston, MA. Academic Qualifications include a Master of Public Health in International Health from New York University and a Master of Public Administration in Health Services Administration from the University of San Francisco.
Ms. Swati R Dutt: Lead Partnerships and Innovations, Empower School of Health. With more than 7 years’ experience in the healthcare industry, she has spent 5 years in the private healthcare with the leading hospitals of India and currently working in the public health sector with a specific focus on Business Development, Partnerships and Capacity Building. She holds a Diploma in Hospital Management and MBA in Human Resource. She has trained hospital staff/nurses on effective communication and soft skills.
Mr. Chander Pal Thakur: Consultant - Public Health, Empower School of Health. He is health management professional with additional training in Global Public Health and Human Resources for Health by Royal Tropical Institute, Netherlands. He is trained in M&E by MEASURE Evaluation, CPC at UNC. He has experience of developing and conducting online learning programs around M&E and was India coordinator for GEMNet-Health. His core area of work includes health systems strengthening, human resources for health, capacity building, and project management.
……and other international faculty and experts from the industry